Health and fitness tips, articles, and opinions by Larry Wasserman, Owner of Body Basics Boot Camps located in Warren and Mountainside, New Jersey

Friday, January 29, 2010

Why Are Most Protein Powders Made with Whey Protein?

I get asked this question all the time. So often in fact, I researched the topic and wrote a report titled "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Whey Protein".
If you would like a free copy of my report, here is the link.

Whey Protein Report

But if you are short on time, here's a quick video from my colleague Jason Hunter, RD and Director of R&D at Prograde Nutrition explaining why.

http://bodybasics.getprograde.com/whey-protein-questions.html

If building muscle, having a lean body, and speeding up your metabolism is important to you, then adding extra protein into your daily plan is the way to go.

Whey protein has been part of my program for many years. At this point, I consider it a staple in my plan, but it is also a "tool" so-to speak. Like any tool, it is used to get the "job" done with ease a precision.

You see, it can be difficult getting in whole food meals six times a day. Sometimes a whey protein shake is a "meal replacement" for me. Sometimes half a shake is a snack. Quite often whey protein is post-workout recovery nutrition too.

When I question my boot campers and private training clients about protein supplementation about 90% need to be educated about what to buy and how to use whey protein as part of their weight loss and nutrition plan.

Watch Jayson Hunter's short video and you will know why Whey protein is so popular. Download my report and I explain in a bit more detail the difference between protein isolates, concentrates, and blends.

Watch Jason's video:
http://bodybasics.getprograde.com/whey-protein-questions.html

Ultimately I recommend that you buy and use whey protein so think of this as a primer to educate yourself so that you know what you are buying and using and why.

Press on!
signature

P.S. To purchase Pro Grade pharmaceutical grade whey protein powder, click here. http://bodybasics.getprograde.com/store.php?page=85

No comments: